Monday, June 14, 2010

Flower with Dish

For detail, please click on the image.
6 x 6, oil on wood
(ready to hang or frame)
Click here to bid. (opens at $1)
I usually like to paint from observation. But from time to time, I get interested in making things up. Some of you might remember the "One day she just up and took off" series about a little flying house. I did have such and enjoyable time painting this that I will probably do more like it soon. In this painting, I am again experimenting with the paint and surface itself, trying to find a way to express something about the subject. I have also flattened the image a bit in hopes it will give the painting a whimsical quality.if I am honest, I have an obsession with patterns I think. From a very early age I remember being absolutely mesmerized by Hopper and other painters who used abstract pattern as a sort of foundation for their work. Others would include Richard Deibenkorn and Claude Monet.

No comments: